Tuesday, May 3, 2011

APRIL JAMS

In retrospect, are the songs that I liked most in April. April is a weird month for me; it doesn't have a real identity. I don't remember doing too many things of interest. That being said, here are a few songs instead of "real life" (ugh).




MY BLOODY VALENTINE: CAN I TOUCH YOU (1987)
This was the first time I drove around with the windows open (it finally got warm enough to do so)
I drove to the house of guy I like, "B," with my bestie, Kristen, to borrow some drums. We stood around in B's kitchen for a while, IN THE DARK. (woooo) I consider it our first date.



THE JESUS AND MARY CHAIN: SOWING SEEDS (1985)
I have been listening to Psychocandy, for what, 8 months now? And this song still makes me tear up. IT KILLS YA
Favorite lines: "I feel as sharp as a carving knife/so I feel in love for the very last time"
Being not in love is sooooooo cool, that's all I'm sayin



SLOWDIVE 40 DAYS (1993)
This is another song I really like to blast in the car. Beyond dreamy, man. There was a series of ~3 days when this was the only song I listened to.

No comments:

Post a Comment